Thursday, May 16, 2013

Activation Day

Activation day was today! It went fairly smoothly.

As instructed by the Sunnybrook team, I am trying to keep my expectations low and my hopes high. I did not expect this to be an "Insta-Hearing" day (but I kind of hoped it would be!).  
It definitely wasn't...and that's okay. It will take time for my brain to figure out all of this new input, especially the higher frequency sounds.


Positive: All 16 electrodes are firing properly! Oh, and I didn't electrocute myself! ;)

Not so positive: High pitched constant squealing in the background...kind of like this.  
It is exhausting to listen to.  Hopefully it will go away soon. It might just be overstimulation of my auditory nerve.


I CAN still hear some voices, and random noises on top of all the squealing. Who would have thought paper rustling and keyboard keys clacking were so loud?!


I will write a longer blog post about today, once I gather my thoughts.  

Thanks everyone for your support. It means a lot! ♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment