Monday, April 22, 2013

Thank you everyone!

I would like to thank everyone for all of their support!

I am so fortunate to have an amazing, supportive network of people around me: friends, family, and coworkers.

I have been the lucky recipient of beautiful flowers, delicious cupcakes, thoughtful cards, supportive words in person, via Facebook and/or by email.  So many people have sent positive thoughts my way and have told me often how excited they are for me.  It means a lot.

A few of the beautiful cards that I have received.

SPECIAL MENTION:  My friend Laura Durrant has amazing talent.  She made me delicious tiramisu cupcakes and crafted a very cute "mini-Jill" cupcake topper complete with wee little shoes and me holding my "defective" ear (see below).  She owns a business called "Creative Cakes and Cards".  I would highly recommend her if you live in the Burlington, Ontario, Canada area.  Click on the highlighted link for more information.  You will be wowed by her creativity.


A very special thanks goes out to my Aunt Liz and my Mom for coming with me on the day of my surgery.  My Aunt stayed over night the first night and has pampered me like a princess.  My sister Jeralee drove up after work on the day of my surgery.  My other sister Jolene read and gave feedback on this blog even though she is in the middle of her veterinary medicine exams.

My friend Christine (who had her CI surgery last year) has been checking in with me to answer questions and offer support, even while on her European vacation!


I should also mention that I very grateful to the hearing impaired individuals I have met online.  They have so willingly shared their cochlear implant experiences with me, and have taken the time to answer my many questions.

"CI Experiences" Facebook Group - so helpful! 

So many people have given me their contact information and have offered help.  A coworker has even offered to do my laundry (Thanks Rebecca!)!  Just knowing that I have such a supportive network goes a long way.

A lovely care package - throughly enjoyed by me and visitors!

Finally, a tremendous thanks to my coworkers who are covering for me while I am off.  Deb, Frances, Jennifer, Allison, Heather, and all of the wonderful people that I work with at BGH: thank you for all of your support, and for continually reminding me not to worry about work, but to focus on my hearing journey.  Those who know me know that this is difficult for me, as I love my job very much and am committed to my patients.

Thanks again everyone.  I sincerely hope that this will all be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. We will hold down the fort until you are ready to come back. I am so excited to see what happens over the days, weeks and months to come.
    Love to you,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete